Pages

Monday, July 13, 2009

Pixel-art




So I have a new hobby. Years ago in high school I got really into 8 bit sprite art. OK, that really doesn't sound like art, but we all know how I love video games, especially the retro NES kind. Thus far I've only made one piece and I'm working on a second. Both come from the NES Final Fantasy I. The completed one is the Black Mage and the unfinished one is the Fighter. The process consists of placing beads on the boards and then fusing them together with an iron. I'm planning on making more and maybe even trying to sell them.

3 comments:

  1. okay, this like a trip down memory lane. i remember doing these when i was young.

    very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome. Would it be possible to do something from FFVI?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, it's just a matter of having enough colors. As it is, I have enough for FFI right now. I plan on expanding and making FFIV and FFVI. I'm also planning some contra and maybe Megaman.

    ReplyDelete