Pages

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Psychonauts

So I've been out of the video gaming loop for a little while, it's been a struggle to get any game to hold my attention for long (much to the horror of my child within). However, my favorite-est brother hooked me up with a copy of the 2005 platformer Psychonauts. While I definitely had some problems with the game (parts of it were downright glitchy, though that might have been attributed to the fact that it was a used copy) I found it to be positively delightful. The storytelling was freaking hilarious, parts of it felt like an interactive cartoon. The gameplay was enjoyable with innovative techniques and a wide variety of levels. The storyline follows the young hero Raz, who sneaked his way into a summer camp for psychic children who are being trained to be psychic agents of the US. Raz has to thwart the schemes of an evil dentist intent on stealing the children's brains to take over the world! Classic. It's been a while since I've enjoyed a game so much. Here's the trailer.

No comments:

Post a Comment